PLEASE NOTE: We encourage all participants to take up RC27 membership to benefit from priority in abstract selection, as well as networking opportunities through the International Sociology of Sport Association (ISSA) eBulletin and annual conferences.
Your abstract submission should include an indication of which session it is intended for.
RC27 sessions are as follows:
- Media and Sport
- Sport and Social Inequities
- Violence, Health and Welfare in Sport
- Sport, Politics & Policy
- Globalization & Sport
- Power and Justice in Sport
- Sport, Bodies & Identities
- Sport and Development
- Economies & Mega-Events
- Contemporary Issues in Sociology of Sport
Abstracts submission: Participants must submit abstracts on-line via the Confex platform. The abstract submission portal is now open https://www.isa-sociology.org/en/conferences/world-congress/melbourne-2023/deadlines-2023. Deadline for submission is September 30, 2022 24:00 GMT
- The abstract shall be 300 words or less and must be submitted in English.
- The author must choose the RC/WG/TG session in which they wish the abstract to be included (RC27 – Sociology of Sport)
- Authors cannot be named on more than two abstracts (and should only be first author on one abstract).
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract; any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- Submitters will be informed by December 2nd 2022 whether their papers have been accepted for presentation.